Peaches are the ideal fruit for the summer: they are fresh, refreshing and low in calories, perfect for those who want to keep fit. The peach tree, Prunus persica, is native to China, where it is considered a symbol of immortality.
8 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THE PEACH
1. It is fresh, refreshing, low in calories: it’s the ideal fruit for the summer, perfect to keep fit
2. The peach (Prunus persica) is a deciduous tree native to the region of Northwest China, where it is considered as a symbol of immortality
3. It’s perfect as a snack in mid-morning, as its healthy sugar content does not cause fat gain
4. It’s diuretic, with vermifuge action
5. It’s excellent for strengthening teeth and bones, it protects skin and eyes
6. It favours tan, skin elasticity and it’s widely used in cosmetics
7. To help digestion, drink little/no water after eating peaches
8. The seeds inside the peach stone must not be eaten!
Calories and nutritional values per 100 grams of product
Calories: 27 Kcal
Water: 90,7 g.
Carbohydrates: 6,1 g.
Protein: 0,8 g.
Sugar: 6,1 g.
Fiber: 1,6 g.
Calcium: 8 mg.
Sodium: 3 mg.
Iron: 0,4 mg.
Potassium: 260 mg.